APPG for sixth form education calls for Budget investmentBack
The APPG for sixth form education has submitted a letter to the Chancellor ahead of the Budget. The officers of the APPG, who represent three parties, sent the letter today and it can be read here (for a version with links, see here). Their five asks are to:
- Introduce a dedicated capital expansion fund for sixth form providers
- Raise the Rate of funding for sixth form students to at least £4,760 per year
- Extend the teachers’ pay grant to sixth form colleges
- Introduce a capital maintenance fund for dedicated sixth form providers
- Introduce a VAT refund scheme for sixth form colleges
The SFCA provides the secretariat to the APPG. For more information, please contact James Kewin at email@example.com.