Below are details of our Annual Curriculum Conference taking place on 28th November 2018 in Birmingham including the programme for the day and car parking information.
The day will blend expert input focusing on curriculum reforms, teaching and learning and pedagogy, together with table discussions so that college representatives can talk to each other, and develop and share good practice.
Full conference sessions include:
1. Keynote: Alex Quigley, Co- Author of Metacognition and self-regulated learning
2. Panel session: Curriculum Reforms - T levels and Applied Generals.
3. Discussion group session: A focused discussion group addressing ‘what does the proposed new Ofsted measure, Quality of Education look like?’
4. Keynote: Ben Scholl, National Programme Coordinator at Elevate Education
5. Keynote: Alex Beard, author of Natural Born Leaders
We will once again, be offering ‘rondevaal’ sessions at the event - a series of expert-hosted discussion tables; each will combine a short expert input with opportunities for peer discussion, many focusing on the untaught curriculum. Expert-hosted tables – many led by college practitioners – include:
- Building more resilient and well-rounded students through exercise-based enrichment programmes
- Getting students to study outside of the classroom - embedding a Directed Independent Learning culture
- Building capacity through Cover Supervisors
- Academic resilience and broadening the appeal of EPQ for all students
- Unifrog – One-stop-shop for Destinations & Gatsby Benchmarks
- Blended learning
- Improving student well being
- Championing social action at colleges to support local needs
- Remote learning
Car Parking - There is limited parking available at the college, therefore please state on your booking form if you require a car parking space.