The challenge to improve and the means by which to measure performance are critical drivers in all sectors of education, not least among Sixth Form Colleges who constantly strive to be better. The Curriculum & Quality Policy Committee leads on all aspects of performance management, considers all curriculum developments and provides support to colleges as necessary.
Committee work includes:
- Preparation of SFCA policy statements on the post 16 curriculum and SFCA policy statements on quality in Sixth Form Colleges.
- Reviewing curriculum developments arising from government policy or proposed by examination boards and reviewing developments in quality assurance systems (both internal and external).
- Preparation of draft responses for SFCA to consultations on curriculum and quality assurance issues.
- Consideration of aspects of the post-16 curriculum to research and review in order to inform SFCA Curriculum Policy.
- Promoting a sector-wide approach to improving quality through peer review, benchmarking, sharing good practice.
- Organisation of training events/conferences as appropriate - including the annual SFCA Curriculum and Quality Conference which takes place in the Spring Term.
- Supporting lobbying and promotional work of the Sixth Form College Sector.
- Commissioning research, internal and external as appropriate.
Ofsted's inspection framework documents:
- The new common inspection framework for September 2015 onwards (Ofsted)
- DfE maths and English statistical release October 2015 (DfE)
- Examples of good practice in FE skills (Ofsted)
SFCA Curriculum and Quality Consultation Responses
- Ofqual- Legacy GCSEs, AS and A levels re-sits
- Dfe- A world class teaching profession
- Ofsted - Better inspection for all
- Niace -consultation on new math and English GCSEs
- Ofqual -consultation on completing GCSE, AS and A level
- DfE - Accountability consultation on publishing headline performance measures on school and college websites
- Ofsted - consultation on the introduction of separate graded judgements on early school years and the sixth form
- Ofqual - New A level Regulatory Requirements
- DfE -16-19 Accountability consultation
- Ofqual GCSE Reform Consultation
- DfE 16-19 Vocational Reform DfE - Reforming Key Stage 4 Qualifications
- 2nd Addition of the Effective Guide to Peer Review and Development
- Quality Improvemernt in Sixth Form Colleges Report
- A level reforms guidance