The International Network shares good practice on embedding a global perspective into the Curriculum for all Sixth Form College students and considers the issues surrounding the recruitment of international students by Sixth Form Colleges.
Its work includes:
- The production of A Global View newsletter, which aims to promote interest and dialogue in international activities among Sixth Form Colleges
- The development of timely briefings and fact-sheets to support colleges with issues relating to international students
- Building strategic links with external organisations
- Assisting with the development of national events for students from SFCs, including the annual Sixth Form College Model United Nations hosted by Joseph Chamberlain College
- Coordinating the SFCA Student Award for International Understanding
- A Global View Newsletter
Key SFCA Documents:
If you would like further information please contact Victoria Platt firstname.lastname@example.org
The SFCA Student Award for International Understanding 2013/14
Coordinated by the International Network, the Sixth Form Colleges’ Association Student Award for International Understanding aims to promote and celebrate the achievements of Sixth Form College students and to champion and build upon the reputation of Sixth Form Colleges as high quality, inclusive and innovative institutions.
Every Sixth Form College is invited to nominate five students who have a commitment to the values of internationalism and can demonstrate achievement in the five areas that are set out in the criteria. Although colleges may nominate five students, only one student from each college will be approved for the award this academic year.
Please download the criteria and application form here
The closing date for receipt of your nominations for this award is Friday 31st January 2014