This Committee works collectively as an advisory and consultative body and provides a voice for Sixth Form College Governance through regional consultation and response.
Committee work includes:
- Monitoring of reviews of Governance in Sixth Form Colleges and other work being undertaken by relevant government departments
- Monitoring and discussing the latest developments in education policy and matters directly affecting Sixth Form Colleges, influencing policy and responding to developments where necessary
- Considering and contributing to the development of induction, training and support materials for Clerks and Governors
- Responding to matters of particular difficulty, sensitivity or emergency and offering advice to member colleges
- Assisting with the organisation of workshops for Governors and an annual Clerks Conference.
Modification Orders for Sixth Form Colleges can be accessed via the DfE website
Are you a Governor at a Sixth Form College and would like to added to the SFCA distribution lists? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org